Administrator for Ann Arbor Youth Chorale
The Ann Arbor Youth Chorale (AAYC) seeks an administrator to manage all AAYC functions including, but not limited to: office administration, finance and equipment management, public relations, and administrative duties as assigned.
About the Ann Arbor Youth Chorale:
The Ann Arbor Youth Chorale is a non-profit organization whose mission is to transform young lives and enhance the cultural life of Southeast Michigan through music education, performance of quality choral music, and collaboration at the highest level of artistic expression– all in a safe, inclusive environment. AAYC consists of two choirs, Descant Choir and Concert Choir, which present concerts during the school year, including with the Detroit, Ann Arbor and Flint Symphony Orchestras, and University of Michigan’s School of Music, Theatre & Dance.
Essential Functions of the Administrator:
- Manage office located in the NEW Center Building in Ann Arbor
- Report to AAYC Board President and Board of Directors
- Serve as chief liaison between the parents, board, and conductors of AAYC
- Work closely with the board and board committees to advise, prioritize, communicate, and ensure all projects are on track
- Attend monthly board meetings and provide written reports of administrative activity
- Be responsible for all bookkeeping and record keeping, including payroll and tax filing with CPA
- Manage and coordinate all concerts, workshops, and other special events
- Assist with annual fund solicitation and fundraising events
- Must be available to attend and assist with weekly rehearsals and dress rehearsals
- Coordinate parent volunteers for events
- Revise/update (with Board input) all AAYC registration documents
- Publish a weekly newsletter from Sept-May (primary correspondence with membership)
- Organize and schedule annual auditions
- Facilitate uniform distribution, collection, cleaning, and storage
- Maintain the music library
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google office products (Drive, Forms, Sheets) desired.Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrate ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others, manage multiple priorities, and work effectively with individuals from diverse communities. Grant-writing experience desired. Candidate must be a detail-oriented, organized self-starter who takes initiative and follows through.
This is a part-time position with an annual salary of $21,000. Hours are varied and flexible in relation to programmatic and seasonal needs.
To apply please email cover letter, resume, contact information, three references, and other pertinent materials on or before July 3, 2020 to:
Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ann Arbor Youth Chorale, NEW Center, 1100 N. Main Street, Suite 111, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
For more information about AAYC, visit our website at www.annarboryouthchorale.org. Find us on Facebook and YouTube!