When will AAYC be rehearsing in the fall?
Fall rehearsals will be held via Zoom. All singers will attend the Zoom meeting as if we are meeting in person.
- Our first rehearsal will be on Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
- Descant Choir rehearsals will be held Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Concert Choir rehearsals will be held Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- The link for your chorister’s Zoom rehearsal will be sent in a separate communication.
What about Workshop Day this year?
- Given that we are not able to gather in-person at this time, we will not hold Workshop Day as we would in a typical year.
- Please watch for information in upcoming newsletters about a virtual Parent Orientation meeting in the near future.
What items will be required for a virtual Zoom rehearsal?
The following items will be necessary for each singer to participate in the virtual rehearsals:
- Private, quiet, distraction- and interruption-free location
- Earbuds or headphones
- Device with Zoom software installed (laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone)
- Reliable internet connection
- External microphone (for recording only): AAYC will make recommendations for affordable microphone solutions later in the season.
How may parents and guardians be supportive of their chorister?
- Please help your singer locate a quiet space to practice with online recordings each day and to focus during the virtual rehearsal sessions. It is hugely helpful if the space is consistent from week to week.
- Offer the supportive expectation that quality practice and active engagement in virtual rehearsals are important parts of a young musician’s journey. Treat the virtual rehearsal with the same importance as any in-person rehearsal.
- Allow mistakes to occur during practice or rehearsal without commentary or judgement.
- Encourage your child to work through mistakes and support them in working toward artistry.
What about uniforms this season?
- For the 2020-2021 season, AAYC will not wear their formal uniforms.
- When recording for virtual or live-stream performances, singers will wear
- A red AAYC logo tee (which will be issued to you early in the season)
- Black pants (no leggings please)
- Unadorned, black, closed-toe, flat shoes.
What if we have additional questions or need assistance with setting up Zoom for the rehearsals?
- Please contact Brent Ivey at email@example.com.